Financial assistance has started to flow for people who lost their homes in the Tasmanian bushfires, as crews continue to battle blazes across the state.
Hundreds of homes have been damaged or destroyed across Tasmania since the start of the month, largely at Dunalley and the Tasman Peninsula, east of Hobart.
The Tasmanian government says it has received 150 applications for temporary living grants of up to $8875, which are available for those forced out of their homes by the fires.
Human Services Minister Cassy O'Connor said the first five grants had been paid since Wednesday.
Southern Tasmania was spared the worst of a heatwave which affected most of south eastern Australia on Thursday, but crews were kept busy battling a series of bushfires, including the Forcett blaze that devastated on Dunalley on January 4.
Tasmania Fire Service spokesman John Holloway said firefighters had been able to strengthen containment lines on the Forcett fire and a blaze at Lake Repulse which has burned more than 11,000 hectares.
'We've had some conditions which have allowed us to do some good work, and those fires haven't threatened any homes,' Mr Holloway told AAP.
'We're looking at having both of those contained within the next two days.'
Bureau of Meteorology forecaster Matthew Thomas said Tasmania was due for a cool change on Friday morning.
'There should be some showers across, the west, central and southern parts of the state,' he said.
The Insurance Council of Australia says businesses and residents have lodged 750 claims, totalling $62 million.
The Tasmanian Bushfire Recovery Taskforce said work to clean-up damaged properties had begun and was expected to gather pace in coming weeks.