Whether you're a solo operator or manage a team of multiple staff members, upgrading your tech is essential in order to stay ahead of competitors and maintain a consistent level of productivity in the workplace. Slow technology means wasted time, while a software upgrade could see tasks being streamlined, and even give you the opportunity to use your PC as a mobile workplace when travelling for business or working from home.
If you're not sure whether it's time to upgrade your technology, here are two major indicators that the time is right:
- Poor performance: If you're enduring lengthy loading times on your PC waiting for even the simplest programs to open, this is a sure sign that it's time for a faster device.
- Lack of storage space: If you are consistently warned about lack of storage space on your system, or need to save your larger files on external drives, an upgrade is a necessity.
Before choosing a new device, you need to identify the current and future needs of your business, and then match these requirements with the most suitable computer. Here are some key features that all businesses should look out for when upgrading their systems:
- Speed: Because speed is so crucial, buying the fastest processor you can afford is always a good investment. One option is the Intel Core processor family, which delivers incredible performance and stunning visuals.
- Reliability: Choose a professional model from a respected brand - one that offers a good warranty and tech support.
- Mobility: Select a lightweight yet sturdy laptop so you can access information and conduct business on the go. Intel's range of Ultrabooks, for example, are less than 21mm thin, yet offers screen sizes from 14 inches.
- Storage: With storage space so inexpensive these days, don't be afraid to buy more storage than you think you need. It will always come in handy.
By deciding what is crucial to your business, whether it's speed, increased storage space or portability for a mobile workplace, you can take measures to improve your business and increase productivity through technology upgrades.
This article is sponsored by the Ultrabook. Less than 2.1cm thick and weighing less than 1.5kg, the Ultrabook, offers the latest Intel technology, with the power, portability and style you need to get the best from your business, be it big or small. Click here for more on Ultrabook , inspired by Intel.