The parents of Daniel Morcombe plan to make an official request for the release of their son's remains for burial if the DNA evidence is solid.
Daniel was 13 when he was allegedly abducted from a Sunshine Coast bus stop and murdered in December 2003.
His remains were discovered at Beerwah on the Sunshine Coast in August last year.
His parents Bruce and Denise say it's very difficult not being able to give their son a proper funeral service.
'We are frustrated to some degree but largely we try to put that aside,' Mr Morcombe told reporters on Friday after completing a walk in his son's memory.
He said he was looking forward to hearing the evidence in the trial against the man charged with his son's murder, which due to start in November.
If the evidence is undisputed, he said they will 'officially make an approach' to have Daniel's remains released.
'It's important to listen to the evidence that comes forward at the committal hearing regarding DNA testing,' Mr Morcombe said.
'If the evidence provided suggests it is sound and holds water why would anyone want to retain Daniel's remains?'
Premier Campbell Newman, who took part in the walk, said his heart went out to the Morcombes.
But he said it was important for police hold onto the remains as long as necessary.
Mr Newman joined about 1,100 people who donned red t-shirts and took part in a four-kilometre Day for Daniel walk on the Sunshine Coast on Friday morning.
'It's very hard on them,' Mr Newman said, of Daniel's parents.
'It's really important that the trial is no way is prejudiced by some sort of intervention.
'We want to make sure that the trial proceeds properly and that nobody in any way can get in the way of a proper outcome. That's why the process of justice have occurred this way.'